PLEASE PRESS “F5″ often which refreshes your browser for most up-to-date news. We update as often as we can. Please read below…
CURRENT UPDATE as of 5/19/2019 @ 8:11, 9:38am
We WILL play if the fields are WET! PLEASE DRESS IN RAIN COATS AND BOOTS :). Wet fields/Courts are not a deterrent – they are even more fun! Our Coaches will determine if fields/Courts are unplayable. Many times we move to a hard surface to play if the Cities close the fields so check there. As we receive updates from our Coaches, we will update below. This will be updated with any cancellations as they become available.
- City of Arcadia Parks & Rec: On Schedule – only 20% chance of rain – dress for the weather. Check with City on their make up policy should you choose not to attend.
- City of Anaheim Parks & Rec: City Mudline closed all parks for use today. Check with City for their make policy.
- City of Costa Mesa Parks & Rec: On Schedule. only 20% chance of rain – dress for the weather. Check with City on their make up policy should you choose not to attend.
- City of El Segundo Parks & Rec: On Schedule
- City of Fountain Valley Parks & Rec: Basketball classes are cancelled. Check with City on their make up/refund policy.
- City of Garden Grove Parks & Rec: On Schedule –
- City of Lakewood Parks & Rec: On Schedule
- City of La Mirada Parks & Rec: On Schedule
- City of Los Alamitos Parks & Rec: On Schedule – only 20% chance of rain – dress for the weather. Check with City on their make up policy should you choose not to attend.
- City of Redondo Beach Parks & Rec: On Schedule
Parents – please use your judgement if you do not feel comfortable with your child playing in wet conditions. Remember what it was like to be a kid. (Yes I realize some parents did not allow you to play in the rain). Most places in the country, sports are played in the rain and it is a FUN experience. If encouraged, your kids will actually enjoy it. Getting wet and muddy is a ton of fun and lends to awesome memories. Ask yourself this, WHY ARE MUD RUNS for ADULTS so popular now? Because it is FUN! Prepare for it by bringing garbage bags or towels in your car in order to keep it relatively clean and enjoy weather that your kids will rarely see here in CA. Our Coaches will determine if fields are unplayable. As we receive updates from our Coaches, we will update info above.
WEATHER CANCELLATIONS POLICY:
- Please understand that we are not able to control the weather. We are also bound by City Parks and Recreation Contracts.
- If the class is rained out, a CLASS MAKE-UP will be scheduled during the same session, possibly on an alternate day. If a rain-out occurs please see emails we have sent out. We apologize if make up classes are not always convenient but we do our BEST to make them so.
- Should there be a chance your location will be rained out please plan on:
- Checking our website (HERE) – You’re here, good job!
- Checking our Facebook Page
- Going down to the field to see if there are classes.
- Even if field is damp/wet we WILL play. We will NEVER play in heavy rain, or thunder & lightning.
- If there is a Basketball Court please check there as well, as we may have moved to a hard surface
- Dress your kids for wet weather!